Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ten Weeks



Finally, school is out for the summer! My only full time job for the next ten weeks is to nurse my baby boy and spend every second making him happy - or try to. We went yesterday for our 2 month check-up; he weighs 14 pounds! Malakai was such a trooper getting his shots, he didn't seem to be bothered much until about 9 last night when he started screaming out in pain. It was awful; possibly the most painful moment of my life. His little thigh was red and swollen and hot, and he flinched and screamed when we touched it! I panicked - racing around with the phone, trying to sooth the baby, I was sure that something was terribly wrong. Andrew called the doctor and I call a friend. We both received the same news: Tylenol, move it around, and wait. It worked! Once he had Tylenol his world was much better. This morning, I'm happy to announce that he's happy and laughing, and smiling at his cowboy toy. Whew, what a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment